Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fulfilling Moments!

I get up around 7:45 AM every morning, after snoozing my alarm for at least three times. Reluctantly, pulling myself out of my comforter's warmth I rush into the bathroom and thirty minutes later I am set for the day. Grabbing a quick breakfast , and thinking about all that needs to be done for the day, I leave my parking lot and the next minute I am full throttle on the 101 North. Twenty minutes later, I am at the parking lot of my office . With daily stand up meeting with the team at 11:30 , I brace myself for all the possible questions that can be asked and the rest of the day passes by in solving those questions. 6:00 PM , and I am back in the office's parking lot ready to drive back home. Driving back is accompanied by blaring music or chatting over the phone. Once home, I cook and clean and eat and simultaneously brood about all the things I was unable to finish during the day. Everyday is just, yet another day!

It is during those spare moments that I spend with myself , between phases of this schedule that I questions myself - Is this what life is all about? Will I be fulfilled and happy at the end? Do I really want to do this?

And alarmingly, the answer to this is No! I will never be happy with having a monotonous life. But with the career that I have chosen, having a very exciting, adventurous life is a far fetched thought.

With this conclusion, I have decided to find happiness and joy in some of the day to day things that I usually find cumbersome. Activities - which are not necessarily classified into some particular genre and yet bring a smile to my face and relax me. These are going to be my fulfilling moments :)

12 comments:

bhumika said...

mamta..

whatever is career ... we always find a routine life boring.. .but thats life..

at some threshauld we feel... now we want a lonnnggg break.. bt when we have it... we miss our busy schedules...

so life is that way only.. ur right, we can find happiness in small things around!
when i reach home... i m hell tired and only what s in my mind is "sleep", bt as soon as i get in keyur's warm touch n Heer's sweet smile makes my day!
enjoy life as it is!

sp0oO said...

{Geek alert}
U should not talk on the phone while driving :p ...

Mamta said...

@Spoo - Dont worry! I have a bluetooth headset ;) and if I have forgotten to charge it, which is most likely, I talk on speaker phone

Unknown said...

What would be some examples of those little activities that bring you joy? Please enlighten me. I am in need of some novelty in my mundane life.

Mamta said...

@Snehadidi:
Coming soon.. This is what this blog is going to be about. All the various things that bring joy to me every day :)

Maestro said...

At the end of the day.. its all about motivation.. as I feel. You need one thing in a day or week or month(you decide the duration and amplitude of it) that should keep you going. Wait for it.. Long for it... and that helps keeping you go...Just like the good old school days... (P.T periods and Sundays kept us alive along with the much awaited Diwali and Summer vacations)

Anonymous said...

you aint be alarmed just bcoz u find that no is the answer to ur question as in life no one finds that his/her career job is what he/she really wants!!!!And thats why its called work and not fun xD
And as for the lil moments , its difficult to find them when u r alone but once u will have a family u will find those moments that give u the courage to face the day in the most common routine!!!!
And most important of all even right now people think about u and people believe in you so find reconfort in their attention and dont forget the time you spent with them!!!!!All these lil things make life enjoyable everyday.

And one last thing I didnt see anything related to ur passtime in ur post.Find something to do when u r alone which u will just do for urself and solely for fun and that will gradually take ur loneliness away!!!!!

Good luck and have fun.

Mamta said...

@Maestro..
I totally agree with you. And this what I am going to try. The whole purpose for this blog was that I could daily, weekly or whenever I really feel that I have had one of those fulfilling moments, write about it, and reminiscent to feel happy and content with life.

Mamta said...

@Anonymous : The blog is going to be about all those moments that I feel make my life fulfilling. So , I am actually going to introspect and see what made me feel happy , content and fulfilled today and write about it :)

mom said...

when you do whatever that you have to do with love and aim for perfection in mundane tasks you will fell fulfilled

Mamta said...

@mom.. i agree, but striving for perfection is not what you would always want to do. It becomes stressful after a point. Goofing up and acting really silly can also be fun :)

Divyesh said...

Hi,

Very Intersting Article...

Keep it....




Divyesh

http://www.krutarth.com

http://guj.krutarth.com

http://eng.krutarth.com

http://dreams.krutarth.com