Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Moment # 1

Finally after a long sabatical I realised that I had enough fulfulling moments over the past few months to write about. The process of introspecting and rediscovering myself through this period was sometimes fun, sometimes gruelling! But alls well that ends well.. I feel happy from within , content and satisfied with myself!
This i presume is a result of the so many wonderfully fulfilling moments that I have had , those that have given me immense pleasure and enriched my soul with glee.
So, here I present my most recent, fulfilling moment ....

Scene 1 :
My house is in utter chaos. Last few weeks have been mad hectic and I have had no time to clean. The kitchen sink is full of dishes,
The living room has papers strewn all over the place,
The bedroom.. I cannot even describe it -
Clothes lying in places I cannot imagine,
laundry waiting to be done for 3 weeks,
boxes around my bed &
a plate that once held my sandwhich lying in a corner!

Scene 2 :
A friend calls. He is coming over for the weekend!



Scene 3 :
I get frantic. I cannot be in such a non presentable mode. I decide to get the cleaning done
Give myself 2 hours .


Throw my laundry in the dryer - 30 min | meanwhile Dishes - 15 min &
Spray cleaner on the platform and wait - 10 min. | meanwhile pick up trash from the living room
Wipe off the platforms and mop the kitchen floor - 10 min &

Go pick up laundry from the washer and move it to the dryer - 45 min &
Meanwhile ,Pick up trash from my room - 15 min (yeah! That much trash) &
Clean the bathroom platform and throw out trash - 20 min
Vacuum my sleeping alcove - 10 min

Get my clothes from the dryer - fold and hang them -2o min
Vacuum my living area - 10 min

1 hour 50 min - ALL DONE!

Scene 4 :
The friend walks in. Compliments me for how well I maintain my house ..

I beam away happily - fulfilling moment after a 2 hour roller coaster ride!




10 comments:

Unknown said...

Its funny, how we need a 'driving' force to get things done in life!! 'MOTIVATION' to put it in a polished lingo.

@mamta - I guess you need to have guests visit you more often ;)

Mamta said...

@Rutvee : My house is mostly clean.. you know the reasons for my preoccupation the past few weeks :)

Unknown said...

Not many days before.. I also need ed a driving force to clean my household.. But after my marriage i do it everyday. Its fun.. I do it just for one reason.. Its my HOME.. Things change when "I" becomes "We" and house becomes "HOME"..

Mamta said...

@Riya :
I am sure.. I must be a wonderful feeling to beautify something that will create a lot of wonderful memories for you.

MUNJAL said...

you will be your driving force. this are basic things in life.

Mamta said...

@dad: i sure will!

sp0oO said...

Dear satisfied girl... It doesnt take much to make u happy does it :p...


BTW 15 mins of washing dishes and u say the sink was full? I just washed vessels for 40 mins and still not done :(...

Mamta said...

@spoo: I have realized that when you can find happiness in the smallest of things in life, you can always be happy :)..

And yea 15 min of dishes for a single person is much :P

Rushin Shah said...

Nice post.
Guess I need a friend to visit my place as well.
Alas! They are all like me. :D

Nilay Khakhkhar said...

Loooool ..... nice resume of any student's situaution (living alone ofcourse). I am the same. The moment a girl calls me up and by the time she is at my place, its always a roller coaster ride :) but thats the part of life and i likey^^